Monday, July 5, 2010

Being Sick Makes me Happy...


Today I am happy because I am sick with tonsilitis (again) and have been ignoring my kids.

Maybe I should explain.

I'm in the lounge room, fairly central to their comings and goings, wrapped in 3 blankets in front of the heater with TimTams and hot tea. I am stuffed up and have a headache and an earache and am tired. I have directed them to food and water when necessary and comforted a grazed knee (after I made her hobble to me) and vaguely been aware of them carrying things around and generally harrassing the cat.

It's past noon now and they are getting restless, so at their request, I drag myself out from my warm cocoon to 'come see something' in the front yard.

They have made a cubby/fort. Out of outdoor furniture, blankets, toys, things from the shed. It has a kitchen (with food!), beds and a dolly taking a bath.

Awwww.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that is no ordinary cubby house. It actually looks very inviting... a grand red carpet to strutt up and comfy cushion to lounge on. Please explain the green half-a-man though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like i said, I'm sick. I ddn't hunt down my camera and take a photo, this is just from Google images. Sorry to disappoint- but my girls was way better anyway. I think the half green man is an Incredible Hulk toy

    ReplyDelete