Friday, December 31, 2010

Children say the WISEST things

I don't know why I haven't thought to share this before. Oh well, I'm sharing it now.

We live in a very multicultural area, and the kids go to a multicultural school (loads of migrants). This is awesome, I really love it.

Anyways, for as long as I can remember, Miss 6 has always referred to "Blonde" skin(caucasion) and "Brown" skin (as opposed to Black). Does anyone else think is is TOTALLY awesome!?!

It's more accurate for a start, as none of us actually has black OR white skin, and in true "To Kill A Mockingbird" innocent child style, it sends the message that skin colour is about as important as hair colour.

We need to start a revolution on this. Maybe kick racism in the balls once and for all. I need to get some influential people on side. Any suggestions?

Miss 6 even asked me one day (back when she was in Kindy, so 4) if she "could have brown skin like he friend B****** for her birthdy, because its beautiful"

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I don't have any suggestions though, I just think its wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very wonderful!! w/a mother like you they will also maintain their fabulous world view and go out there and change the world one person at a time :)

    ReplyDelete